Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

All about Mia

This is so much to say about our little girl, the new "big sister". Mia is such an amazing little girl who never ceases to amaze us, and always keeps us on our toes. It was such a blessing to have all summer off to spend with her and Roman. We did so much and kept ourselves very busy. We had LOTS of playdates with our good friends, Emily and Jackson, who moved away at the end of the summer. We miss them already. We enjoyed playdates with E&J and Abbie and Campbell at Miss Effie's Flower Garden and we spent lots of time at the park, pool, family museum and Monkey Joes. Life is good.
Here is Jackson and Mia on the tire swing

Here she is at Miss Effies



Here is our little fashionista
She has decided she also loves to "feed" her baby. She feeds her baby "Mia food" while Mommy nurses Roman.
She also likes to wear her baby sometimes.
At the end of August, Mia started school, yes school. Okay, it's actually a Parent's Day Out program that meets twice a week, but she is LOVING it. I think it is really good for her. She is learning some things, but most of all she is having to wait in line, take turns, be a leader and so on. I think these are great skills for her to work on.
Here she is on her first day of school.
Here are Mommy and Mia at the park
And daddy and Mia at the park
Mia continues to be VERY strong-willed and we have more than our fair share of timeouts, but overall she is such a funny, smart, adorable, loving little girl.
Here are current fun facts about Mia as of today:
1. She is 40 pounds (and wears 4T-5T clothing)
2. She prays before every meal and every night before bed. Her prayers are simple and sweet, and as a mom I love hearing my little girl pray.
3. She knows her ABC's
4. Her numbers up 13 and with help up to 20.
5. She can identify shapes
6. All her animals and the sounds they make
7. She speaks in sentences and uses her manners MOST of the time.
8. She says the funniest things (ex. The other morning she comes downstairs wearing her pajamas and I tell her she is beautiful, she looks at me dead in the eye and says "Not a day, mommy, I wearing my jammies." I couldn't help but giggle.
9. She is very inquisitive. She wants to know everyones name, their mommy's name, their daddy's name, what they are doing (okay, maybe she is nosey)
10. She loves church and I love that she loves it.
11. She sleeps in a toddler bed and goes to bed every night with no problem.
12. She loves to imagine and pretend
13. She still LOVES books
14. She loves to sing and dance, her favorite song is "head, shoulders, knees and toes"
15. She makes me smile every day and reminds me how blessed I am!!!

1 comment:

emily @morefromthemoorefamily said...

That was so sweet! Mia is such a good and precious little girl! I can't believe how much she has grown up in the last few months! She is a little girl, no baby left!!

We really had a great time this summer doing all the fun things outside! We miss you lots, too!! I love the picture of Jackson and Mia!

I am attempting to keep my blog up, too... www.morefromthemoorefamily.blogspot.com

Take care! I hope to see you in October when we are back for all the weddings!
Em