Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Easter Recap

This past weekend we celebrated Easter.  It was wonderful and weird all at the same time.
We usually do Easter 3 times.  Once with my family, once just the 4 of us, and once with Josh's family.  This year one was missing.  My mom and sister's family were headed to California this year.  It was weird.  It was weird that I didn't see my mom or even hear her voice on Easter.  But I know she was having a great time in Cali with Lindsey and her family.
I  served Saturday night at church by taking pictures of families at the Easter service.
On Sunday we got up and went to church as a family.  Came home to Easter Baskets and eggs in the yards. I LOVE the excitement on our kids faces as they experience the joy of the holidays.  Even more though I love that Mia can tell us the REAL story of Easter.  Of death on a cross, buried in a tomb, and an empty tomb 3 days later because Jesus is Risen and we need to tell the Good News! AHHHH, I love her and I pray that her faith never stops growing!

We went to Josh's families for dinner and it's usually a lot of people, but this year it was just us, his parents, grandparents and my dad :) Yep, we took my dad with us and he had a wonderful time. My kids adore him and although our relationship has been less than stellar my entire life I am loving and appreciating the relationship occurring between my kids and him.  It is something I have been convicted by and realize that unconditional love on my part really can make a world of difference.

So Easter was different, it was a little weird, but it was still WONDERFUL.

No comments: