Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas has come and gone already and I realized how much has happened in the past few months since I haven't been blogging.

Our Christmas this year was amazing! It was filled with joy, laughter, giving, church, family and friends. The hardest part about this Christmas was that my mom was in California and therefore it was the first Christmas EVER (in 32 years) I haven't spent with her. It was sad, but I am glad she was able to be with Lindsey while she had her sweet baby, Eve!

So here is a little update about what happened for us this Christmas:

Mia ~ Mia is a giver, with a servant's heart. I am constantly amazed and in awe of her. This year we received a world vision catalog in the mail and as she looked through it, you could see her wheels turning. She decided she wanted to buy a dairy cow ($650), we tried to talk her into a goat ($75) but she was adamant. We started a website, collected money, she asked friends, teachers, family, etc, and in the end she raised almost $900. She bought a dairy cow, a goat, 3 ducks, $350 worth of medicine, a bed net for a family and 2 soccer balls. She was over joyed to be giving and it melted my heart. A few weeks later we were working on AWANA stuff and we had to talk about and pray for a missionary. After discussing what missionaries do, she looked at us and asked when she could begin traveling the world to tell people about Jesus! I seriously adore her and her heart! My prayer is that she never loses that zest for The Lord!

This year for Christmas, she really wanted Daisy, a fur real kitten that plays with you. Santa delivered and Mia couldn't be more excited.

Roman ~ Roman has had a busy year, pushing limits, testing boundaries and being the funniest and most snuggly little boy I know. Roman makes me work on my patience everyday, but I love him in a way that just astounds me. Roman can be so sweet and this Christmas he spent most of the time yelling "This is the best Christmas EVER!" again and again, after getting up and giving hugs after each and every gift.

Santa delivered a Hot Wheels Track, just what he was hoping for and he has been playing it non-stop for the past 24 hours.

Josh and I have been busy. Cooking, cleaning and preparing for the big day. Josh had the Monday before christmas off, so that was great and we loved having him home.

I'm thankfully off until the 6th of January and couldn't be more excited!! It's going to be amazing spending that time with the kids! It's a much needed break away from work, and school.

Speaking of school, 16 weeks separates me from graduation. Only a project and my thesis are left. I will graduate Mother's Day weekend, and 2 days before Roman's 4th birthday! I am so excited and proud of myself! I am also so thankful for all the support I have received from Josh, without this wouldn't have been possible!


No comments: