Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

16 weeks

Well, another week has passed and I am officially 16 weeks pregnant. It is amazing how fast this pregnancy seems to be going. I think part of it is because Mia keeps me very busy! :) I have been feeling pretty good, except for the horrible round ligament pain that I am still having. It has gotten so bad at times that it hurts to walk, but I know this will pass too.
The belly seems to be growing, however, I feel like there are times when I still look more fat than I do pregnant.
Here is a story that happened this week:
I told Josh that I was really excited because as of today, I have not gained any weight. I am still at my pre-pregnancy weight. Josh turned to me and said, "Well, you didn't gain much weight with Mia, until the 3rd trimester, when you exploded."
Wow, that was such a thoughtful thing to say! haha! Sometimes I think men forget to think before they speak, especially when their wife is growing a child!

I have a regular appointment scheduled with my midwife on the 21st of December and then my big ultrasound is scheduled for January 4th. I am so excited for our ultrasound so we can see this little baby. I am also getting super excited about NOT finding out the sex of this baby. I am so excited about the suspense this time. People have started asking me if I have a preference of what this baby is (not that I have any control) and I can honestly say, I really don't care either way. I would love for Mia to have a sister this close in age, but I would also love to have a little boy. I will just trust God and know that His plans for us are better than our own. So come May, we will be able to say, "It's a ......"

Well, here are the pictures from the week.
Here I am 16 weeks, still at pre-pregnancy weight
And here is the "Super White" bare belly



1 comment:

Alisha said...

Still looking awesome! I hope I don't gain 55 POUNDS (!) with my next pregnancy like I did with the first!

Also, the comment by your husband is a quintessential guy comment, isn't it? Totally.