Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Songs that make me cry!!

So as the birth of our daughter gets closer, I tend to get more and more emotional. This past weekend I realized that there are so many songs right now that are making me tear up. It's probably because they are talking about little baby girls and the ones about daddy's and daughters are enough to make me cry like a 2 year old!! haha! So I thought I would share some lyrics from some of my favorites that are out right now. I am not posting the whole song...just some snapshots of why I love them.

"Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman
She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sitting here wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin'
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

Chorus:So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone.

This one is one of my favorites because it reminds me so much of what we went through to have this little girl. The song is:
"We Laughed Until We Cried" by Jason Aldean
Just the other night the baby was cryin
So I got out of bed rocked her awhile and I held her tight
And I told her it would be all right
My mind went back to a few years ago
We tried so long, we almost gave up hope
And I remember you comin' in and tellin me the news
Oh man we were livin, goin crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight
We laughed until we cried

My third favorite is a new one. This one makes me cry the hardest. I choked up reading the lyrics but when I heard the song, I couldn't help but cry!
"I Saw God Today" by George Strait
Saw a couple walking by
They were holding hands
Man she had that glow
Yeah I couldn’t help but notice she was starting to show
Stood there for a minute taking in the sky
Lost in that sunset
A splash of amber melted into shades of red.

Chorus
I’ve been to church, I’ve read the book
I know he’s here but I don’t look
Near as often as I should .. yeah I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swear
I saw God today

Got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She’s sleeping like a rock
My name on her wrist wearing tiny pink socks
She’s got my nose, she’s got her mamas eyes
My brand new baby girl
She’s a miracle
I saw God today


All these songs just remind me of the precious gift I am carrying and the continued antipaction of meeting our little girl! :)

2 comments:

Shannon Kilstrom Photography said...

Heather, I love all of those songs! I still cry every time I hear a few of them. It's because the lyrics are so true. I love reading what you write in your blog because the love that you have for your sweet baby girl is always conveyed so well. You are going to be an amazing mother and I cannot wait to watch you with her.

Anonymous said...

I love "Cinderella" -- I'm a big Steven Curtis Chapman fan!! I remember not only crying at random songs I heard, but while watching tv shows, like Extreme Makeover Home Edition, when I was pregnant with Owen...Dan laughed, but I had tears in my eyes from the moment they "introduced" the family.