Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Only 8 weeks to go!

Well, it's Thursday, which means another week completed. I am 32 weeks pregnant today. WOW! What an accomplishment. I sit here thinking back about how I couldn't wait to be pregnant and now all I can think about is meeting the little girl I've been carrying for the past 32 weeks. As of today, we technically only have 8 weeks left, but only 4% of babies are actually born on their due date, so we'll see when Amelia actually decides to arrive into this world.
We started our birthing classes last week and they are actually pretty good. We have gotten a lot of great information already, and I am starting to feel empowered, excited and scared out of my mind about the whole birthing process. But I know I can do it, because the reward of seeing our daughter will far outweigh the pain.

The other night Josh and I were sitting and talking and we just couldn't put our minds around how truly miraculous being pregnant is. We kept talking about how no matter what, your body knows how to grow this child, how in 9 months, the baby will come, whether you are ready or not and most amazingly that it takes 1 egg and 1 sperm of miniscule size, to create a human being. If this doesn't make you realize how amazing God is, I don't know what will.

Well, anyways, I'm getting larger by the day, and it's getting harder to breathe and get comfortable. Teaching dance I look like a beached whale trying to stretch, but it is all worth it. I am officially up 28.6 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I realize that's quite a lot, but again it's all worth it!

Here are this weeks pictures...the belly is sticking straight out, that's for sure!
Here I am with the shirt down, I broke down and bought a new tank top...
the other one was WAY too short!
And check out that belly!!
Here I am heading off to work with my new short, dark hair!


1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

YOur hair!!!!!!!!! I love it! I am going to get you and julie mixed up now...just kidding..I love it, cute mama!