Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Seriously, the flu?

So the last few nights Roman has been extremely fussy, up every couple of hours screaming his lungs out. He doesn't want to nurse, doesn't really want to be held, just screams. I swore it was an ear infection, so we made an appointment for Friday. Friday morning comes and Mia wakes up saying her belly hurts, considering she is potty-training I assume she has to poop. The morning continues as planned and we are getting ready to head to the Dr. when Mia turns and vomits ALL over me, the couch, the floor and herself. Oh my! So I clean her up, change my clothes and head to the dr. While we are there, she seems to be feeling much better. So we go into the room, get Bubs stripped down into his diaper, weighed (18lbs, 3oz) and told the Dr. will be right in. Seriously, no sooner does the nurse leave the room, Mia looks at me again and pukes all over the floor. I don't know what to do. I open the door and yell for the nurse. She comes with the wonderful pink "puke bucket". The dr. comes in and checks Roman over...all good. WHAT? He's Fine? So, we think it's teeth for sure now. Motrin has totally calmed him down. He then tells us the flu is going around and Mia should be better soon. Great!

Well it only gets better when Josh comes home early from work to help me out and then he gets sick, yes, he starts vomiting too! ARE YOU SERIOUS? AM I ON CANDID CAMERA? So off to bed go Mia and Josh...both throwing up. To make the day complete, I start the dry heaves about 5:30pm. Luckily, I never throw up but through the night my back aches, my stomach kills and I am sure I am going to vomit at any moment.

Let me just say that nursing and the flu do not really mix!
But 24 hours later we are all better. Thank the LORD!!

No comments: